Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification
IICRC Certified Firms have earned the right to display the IICRC logo as a symbol of quality. In order to achieve IICRC-certified status, firms must meet a rigorous list of standards in business ethics and expertise. All IICRC Certified Firms must:
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC actively has relationships with fiber producers, carpet and fabric mills, furnishing manufacturers and retailers, and others affiliated with the industry. The use of IICRC service professionals is specified in leading manufacturers’ maintenance brochures and warranties.
CCINW – Carpet Cleaners Institute of the Northwest
The CCINW focuses on helping regional treatment professionals get the education and connections needed to succeed in the field.
Training is particularly important for members of the CCINW, and this is most apparent through annual educational grants awarded to members. In addition, members usually have access to discounted coursework and discounted business services, like insurance.
The Carpet Cleaning Institute of the Northwest still meets regularly, as well, and organizes the Connections Convention and Trade Show.
This makes it easy for professionals new to the industry to meet those who have a successful reputation.
To remain in good standing with the CCINW, though, technicians must operate with a strong sense of ethics and transparency.
This is the only way to ensure the industry keeps growing and attaining respect from home and business owners alike.